Go Abroad? Let’s Go
For some, Student Exchange might sound as something like “wow” and seems hard to do by regular students. Even some of us feel discouraged or hesitate to follow th program. However, in fact not so. Let us take reviews following related student exchange.
UNESCO announced the four pillars of education, namely :learning to know, learning to do, learning to be, and learning to live together. The four pillars are of course not acieved through learning in class course. So, students need the opportunity to gain momentum to apply the pillar through student exchange program.
Student exchange is program which organized by certain institution to provide opportunities for students to study abroad for a certain period. Both institutes or universities in several countries have student exchange programs or the student exchange.
Several universities in various countries of course have certain qualification standards for international students to apply the program. The following are examples of common requirement for college students in joining a student exchange program, such as :
- An active college student
- Have a TOEFL score 500-600 or IELTS score 6.5 and above
- Curriculum Vitae
- The latest academic transcript
If our academic transcript, TOEFL scores, and IELTS scores meet the requirements, we are qualified to join student exchange programs. The followings are the common steps to apply to some student exchange programs:
1. search for universities that offer student exchange programs in Google, Yahoo, or other search engines,
2. pick one of the universities most suiting to you. For example, you can pick QUT (Queensland University of Technology),
3. find the page international partneship/student exchange programs. On the page you would find some requirements you must meet and steps or instructions regarding what you must do to apply.
4. On the page, you will see an instruction to send an applicaton letter to the email or address as shown,
5. after you submit the requirements needed, in a few weeks time you will recieve word of whether you are able to join the program or not.
For those of you who are active students of the Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga, there is good news for you regarding this. Based on previous news, apparently the Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga has established relations of cooperation with Zhejiang University and Queensland University of Technology. This of course will facilitate us to joining a student exchange with both the university. Furthermore, the faculty has provided scholarships to financially aid students who wish to join the program, whether it is to the cooperating unniversities or others.
Student exchange program, of course, have positive impact on students who follow the program. Among them was met with new people from different countries of the world. Besides, an exchange of ideas, culture, and etc also be occuring among us with the local community. It is of course can expand knowledge or even our understanding of some of the community’s social and cultural conditions in other countries. So, lets join student exchange program.
For further information, please visit or contact the Faculty Ambassador. (Haryo&Fatih – Fac.Amb)