Sarjana Psikologi (Universitas Airlangga) & Bachelor of Behavioural Science (QUT)
The vision of Universitas Airlangga is to become an independent, innovative, leading university at national and international level, the pioneer in the development of science, technology, and humanities based on religious morality. As one of the efforts to achieve those vision of Universitas Airlangga, especially to be prominent at national and international level, Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga has established international cooperation relation with School of Psychology, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in conducting international class of 2 + 2 Articulation Program.
The 2 + 2 articulation program in Psychology is a joint implementation of Double Degree education where the implementation of the first 2 (two) years of study at Universitas Airlangga and the next 2 (two) years at QUT that will result in a Bachelor of Psychology and Bachelor of Behavioral Science (Psychology). The location of the program is conducted in two universities, where the first 2 years of study is placed at the Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga in Surabaya Indonesia, and the next 2 years will be placed at the Kelvin Grove School of Psychology and Counseling Faculty of Health, QUT Australia.
Both educational programs have the same study component, but each has a different distinction in the perspective of Psychology disciplines. The Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga studied Psychology in general especially in 4 areas of interest, namely: Clinical and Mental Health, Development and Education, Industry and Organization and Social and Personality. While the School of Psychology and Counseling Faculty of Health QUT has a focus on the study of Counseling Psychology, especially applied in the field of health.
The main areas of psychology program in Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga will introduce students to the scientific basis of psychology including social psychology, developmental, research methods, physiology, perception and cognition, counseling, assessment, individual differences, and psychopathology.
Student in this program will be able to develop their skills and knowledge in Psychology by 4 (four) areas of interests: Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, Educational and Developmental Psychology, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Social and Personality Psychology. Meanwhile, in QUT students will also experience a supportive learning environment where they can develop specializations in family therapy, alcohol and drugs, sexuality and gender, organizational psychology, psychology on the highway, forensic psychology, and law psychology.
Generally, 2+2 Articulation Program was chosen for it will provide an opportunity for students to:
- Learning in international academic environment
- Learning to implement Psychology principle in real world
- Self development and global career potential
- Learning with high-technology and multimedia sources
- Chance to experience life in Brisbane
Career OpportunitiesGraduates of this program have proficiency that can be applied to various professional areas. Analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and research skills will be suitable for a career in education field, human resource, market research, organization development, law field, public health, human services, and counseling. Specifically, graduates of this program will be able to start their career in:
- Psychologist Assistant
- Research Assistant
- Consultant (Educational, Human Resource, Growth and Development, Mental Health)
- Public Relations and Communications Staff
- Facilitating and motivating in training program
- Staff or Manager in Human Resource Area
- Early Childhood Education Developers
- Inclusive Education Developers
- Supervising mental health program
- Planning and facilitating mental health program
- Community Assistant
- Planning and facilitating in developing program
- Other professions that require skills and knowledge related to human behavior
Course Modul in 2+2 ArticulationArticulation 2+2 program is expected to yield graduates who has equal competencies to Bachelor of Behavioral Science (Psychology) in Australia and Bachelor of Psychology in Indonesia. Graduates of this program are expected to be able to implement psychology principles with scientist-practitioner approach in mental health field. Below are the learning objectives along with the entire curriculum during the first two years in Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga and the next two years in School of Psychology and Counseling QUT.
1st year – 1st Semester (Universitas Airlangga)
- Biopsychological Bases of Behavior
- Human Behavior and Mental Processes
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Social Cognition
- Social Interaction
- English for academic purpose
- Education of Pancasila and Citizenship
- Basics of Natural Science
- Philosophy of Logic and Science
- Philosophy of Human
- Social Influence and Group Dynamics
- Psychology of Learning
- Personality Psychology
- Theories of Developmental Psychology
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Communication Skills
- Human Developmental, Education, and Family
- Health Behavior
- Mental Health
- Psychological Assessment
- Basics of Psychological Assessment
- Basics of Psychological Intervention
- Psychology of Education
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Basics of Research Methods
- Assessment and Intervention of Children and Adolescents
- Assessment and Intervention of Adulthood
- Assessment and Intervention of Community
- Social and Organizational Psychology
- Research Design and Data Analysis
- Psychology Elective
- Perception and Cognition
- Developmental Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Individual Differences and Assessment
- Psychology Elective
- Advanced Statistical Analysis
- Level 3 Psychology Elective
The last two years of academic period in Faculty of Health QUT is commenced with semester transition during the first six month. Students are required to undertake language preparation program, namely EAP and undergraduate thesis preparation. Students could participate in English Academic Preparation (EAP) in International College QUT for six to twelve weeks. Students who need to participate in EAP Program are a student who hasn’t met the IELTS Score requirement that is 6.5. The student who passed the EAP Program will continue their study in School of Psychology and Counseling QUT in the third and fourth year.
Who can enroll to this program?The selection of undergraduate program students for International Class Articulation 2+2 Program is conducted centrally. This selection process is adhere with special-track selection mechanism which held by Pusat Penerimaan Mahasiswa Baru (PPMB) UNAIR.
UNAIR special-track is one of the new students admission system for undergraduate students which held independently by Universitas Airlangga to enroll in particular study program. This special-track selection is different from selection system by means of National Selection for Entering Public Universities (SNMPTN) and Joint Selection for Entering Public Universities (SBMPTN) for Entering Public Universities (SBMPTN). Information regarding enrollment timeline and selection process can be accessed in PPMB Universitas Airlangga website (http://ppmb.unair.ac.id).
Below are the enrollment requirements:
a. General Requirements
- Indonesian Citizens / Foreign Nationals who already met the applicable law provision
- High school graduates (SMA/SMU (in Indonesia) or overseas senior high school) in the last three years;
- Do not have any disability which can interfere with the study process in this program.
- Minimum TOEFL Score: 500
- Written consent from parents / custodian
- 2nd Semester GPA minimum of 3,25
- Latest TOEFL Score minimum 500
- Written consent from parents / custodian
The students are required to pay:
- Each semester tuition fee IDR 20.000.000*
- Initial tuition fee (paid once when students first enrolled) IDR 40.000.000*
*The amount is subject to change depends on annual financial adjustments made in accordance with Rector of Universitas Airlangga decision and QUT